The Link between Pornography and Human Trafficking
Time & Location
About the Event
Presenter: Dr. Ray Carr, Director of Wilmington University’s Criminal Justice Institute and retired FBI.
SESSION DESCRIPTION:There is a clear link between pornography and sex trafficking. Pornography is not only perpetuating human trafficking, but it is incentivizing the use of children in pornography. Through viewing pornography, individuals are tempted to hire sex workers in order to fulfill the unrealistic scenes created in pornographic films.
This presentation is not about people who want to create adult content, but young men, women, and children who are being forced to participate in the development of such pornography and in the process potentially lose their lives.
- Distinguish between the type’s pornography (Child vs Adult);
- Differentiate between human trafficking and pornography;
- Recognize populations vulnerable to pornography;
- Identify indicators of human trafficking engaged in the development of pornography; and,
- Identify the needs of offenders engaged in developing pornographic images